Friday, September 01, 2006

Onesies-Schmonsies: First Day at New Daycare = Big Boy Outfit


Well, today Jack started at his new daycare. Strange to start on a Friday, but it is September 1st. So basically, it's a fiscal thing...

His last daycare was "okay", but I felt there were too many babies and that he was not getting enough lovin. Every day when I picked him up he was in some contraption (swing, bouncy seat, lawn-mower, etc.) He did fine, though, and one of the "gals" told me the other day (and I quote), "We'll be sorry to see Jack go. He's one of our best. (pause) Actually, he is our best." I know, Linda, I know.

To get back to my story, a few weeks back a spot opened up at another daycare. This one is just for teachers and they follow the teachers' schedule. Oh, one other thing. It's THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH CHEAPER. Again, a fiscal matter, yet one we could not overlook. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't throw my son into any old daycare just because it's cheaper. As a matter of fact, I thought I'd check it out, then most likely keep him where he was. HOWEVER, when I visited it, I LOVED IT. (I have a student's mom that uses all-caps a lot in her emails to me and IT DRIVES ME NUTS, but I feel they are warranted here.) Anywho, I really felt great about the women that work there and the environment itself. It's "family-style", so the babies are in the same room with the toddlers. To all you nay-sayers that think that's unwise, I like the idea. I think the little ones like to be around the older ones and watch all the cool things they do (like walk and stuff).

When I picked Jack up today, both his new "gals" raved about him. Told me about how smily he is. And what a good baby.

Tell me something I don't know, ladies. Tell me something I don't know.