Sunday, June 08, 2008

He Has Officially Arrived...

Jack has entered the stage that some might call the Terrible Twos. Other, more PC folks out there, would call him a "spirited child." This weekend was spent whining, crying or simply yelling "No" (him, not us). It could be that he's getting his molars, has a bad case of diarrhea, and just started a new daycare. Or maybe this is him morphing into another being. (Click here to watch him in all his Two-ness.)

Aside from being "spirited", Jack is very resourceful, as you can see from the photo. This was taken just after I took a bag of cornmeal from him and moved it to a higher shelf because I told him I didn't want him playing with it. So instead of smiling and saying "of course, Mother", as all toddlers should, he scurried off to get a pack of diapers to stand on to retrieve the aforementioned cornmeal. I had to laugh, as I was quite impressed by his spunk.

On another note, he has been putting two words together quite a bit lately. On of my favorites is "More, please." But my most favorite of all is "Hody hody", which is what he says when he wants me to hold him.