Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jack...




The past year has had its share of difficulties with this one. He's very stubborn, very smart, very OCD, but also very sweet and funny when he wants to be. The last few days I've noticed an improvement with how he treats Lucy--they actually play together and it turns out he CAN be nice to her! Jack and I spent the day together yesterday--mowed the lawn, went out to lunch, went to see Toy Story 3 (first time he'd been to a movie theater). It was really nice to have some one-on-one time.

There are some random funny comments/conversations that I've been meaning to write down, and I know I've forgotten many, but here are a few...

(After he buckles his seat belt)
Jack: Let's rock and roll!

Me: How's your lunch?
Jack: It's delicious.
Me: How do you like Reese's Pieces?
Jack: Love 'em.

Jack: Mom, even though Jay is four now, he's still small.
Me: Yeah, some people are small and some people are big.
Jack: Yeah, some people are small and some people are big. That's just how life works.

(Jack was talking into his toy walkie talkie)
Me: Who are you talking to?
Jack: Nanny.
(A few minutes go by)
Me: Who are you talking to now?
Jack: I'm still talking to your mom.

Jack put on some goggles tonight and asked that I take a video of him. Click here to watch...
I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like Jack. Except maybe his cousin John...