Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jackisms

Todd and I recently went out to dinner for our anniversary. As I was getting ready, the following conversation took place:

J: What are you guys doing?
M: Mom and Dad are going to go out to dinner.
J: Why?
M: Because it's our anniversary and we'd like to spend some time together.
J: But you guys spend time together every day.
M: But sometimes we like to go out.
J: Why would you want to go to a restaurant? It's just loud and expensive.

(Turns out he was right, but we still enjoyed ourselves)

Another day:
I took the kids to Central Market to play and have lunch. Jack met another boy named Jack at the playground and they played together. This is how he relayed the story to Todd later that night:

"I asked the boy his name and he said it was Jack. I said my name is Jack too. Then I farted."