Monday, August 07, 2006

Just Minutes Before...

we head off to day one of daycare. As you can see from the photo, Jack hasn't a care in the world. I don't start work until tomorrow, but I wanted to give him a couple-hour test run today. My plan is to feed him when we get there (that way I can spy on his teachers for a bit), then head off to a nearby bar for a few drinks. Actually I'm going to catch a movie. There's a light and funny comedy out now about a bad mom who takes her child to daycare and he never forgives her. It got great reviews and apparently has a lot of twists at the end.

MY NAME IS AMY AND I'M TAKING MY SON TO A PLACE WHERE STRANGERS WILL WATCH HIM. AND I DON'T FEEL GUILTY AT ALL. AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME.

Truthfully, I'm feeling okay about it. He's such an easy-going little guy and I think he'll do great. I'll let you know when we get home how it went and how many BM's he had while I was away. Wish us luck.