Saturday, March 10, 2007

All This (Except the Kid) for $76

Once you go consignment you never go back. Little does Jack know that (unless it's from a grandparent) he will never again receive another brand new item. When you can get all that for 76 bucks without him knowing the difference, why would you do otherwise? I realize the point of shopping consignment is probably to save money, not to spend a lot of money just to get a lot. But I couldn't help myself. Another shirt for 2 dollars? Sure! An old-school telephone with a smily face for $3? Throw that in the bag too! Look at the picture, even Jack doesn't quite know what to do with himself. But I had to let everyone out there know that I'm not too proud to give my son your sloppy seconds. And if there's one thing I've learned so far as a mother, it's that the more stuff you buy your kid, the more he'll love you back.

And that's one to grow on.