Sunday, March 18, 2007

More Wisconsin Pics







Jack and I recently got back from his first trip to Wisconsin. Grammy had to take some medication the week prior to calm down her excitement a bit. Had a fantastic time. Beautiful weather, great walks, and a lot of relaxation. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was a little concerned about the flight, since Jack is now mobile, but he was a model passenger. Other than a bit of squirminess here and there, he sat on my lap, played, and slept some. We left our mark with about 15 cheerios on the seat and 20 more on the floor, but all in all a fine trip. The way back was going well up until we were about 90 miles outside of Austin. Jack was just getting into a back-arching-whine-get-me-off-this-plane monologue when the pilot announced that due to weather in Austin we would be re-routing to either Dallas or San Antonio. Visions of bottles and diapers that I did not have danced through my head. Luckily, about 5 minutes later the pilot announced that, just kidding, turns out we can land after all. Good one, buddy. Very funny. At least I learned that airplane travel does not always go as planned and an extra bottle and a few extra diapers might be smart items to have onboard. Now I understand why people used to tell me I was book-smart, not street-smart. Turns out there is a difference.