Saturday, March 10, 2007

Middle of the Night Ramblings

Well, I see on the oven clock that it is currently 2:21 in the morning. I am sitting here at the computer with a kleenex sticking out of my right nostril feeling a bit woozy (compliments of the Benadryl I just took) and extremely sorry for myself. This has been a tough week. Midmorning Monday I felt a wave of warmth and weakness come over me during third period geometry and a couple hours later I was in bed and stayed there until basically Wednesday night. I did manage to fit in an unhelpful doctor's visit where she told me that I had a virus. Thanks. What brought me in was a toothache, which led me to my sinus infection self-diagnosis. Which brings me to where I am now. I CAN'T SLEEP DUE TO A THROBBING PAIN IN MY TEETH. And it's driving me nuts. I just googled "tooth pain at night", which brought up articles on sinusitus (which, again, is what I diagnosed myself with, only to have the doctor tell me that my sinuses didn't look all that bad). Anyway, I tried this numbing canker sore stuff on the top right part of my mouth and now I have a numb top right side. Except for the tooth pain, which was apparently immune to the numbing effect. So basically I probably have drool slowly trickling out the right side of my mouth without my knowledge, but luckily I have that Kleenex sticking out of my nostril to catch it. I'd post a picture if I had one. I realize I am rambling, but it is now 2:25 in the morning and I am on Benadryl, remember? And I suppose you're all thinking that this blog is supposed to be about Jack, Mr. "Oh, I'm so cute, I'm 10 months old and I can crawl and smile and laugh and everyone loves me", but Mama's in pain, on drugs, and needed a place to post this fascinating story for all the world to see. So here we are. (Was that a run-on, Kimmy?) I have to get up in a few hours because Jack and I are getting on an airplane and heading to Wisconsin to visit the folks. I'm very excited about the trip, not so excited about the plane ride (aforementioned sinuses, aforementioned tooth pain, and aforementioned 10-month old who wants to crawl everywhere). Does anyone feel sorry for me yet?

Now that I've gotten that off my chest and have stuck a fresh kleenex in my right nostril, I suppose I'll post some recent pictures. And don't worry, they are pictures of Jack, not his drama queen mama. Whose teeth still hurt, by the way, if anyone is interested.